Our Company is a dealer of Al Jazeera Steel Products SAOG Oman. In addition, the Company sources its products from reputed mills in Turkey, Korea, India etc. depending on price, availability and quality. The continued investment in infrastructure and physical inventory has made the Company a preferred supplier of these items in the Qatar market.
Equal Angles have a ‘L’ shaped cross section with two legs that come together at a 90-degree angle. They are also known as Rolled Steel Angles (RSA).
Its available in Grade S275JR in sizes 25 x 25 x 3mm to 100x100x10mm in 6 metre length. We also offer angles in Hot Dip Galvanized form.
Applications of Angles are –
- Small & medium fabrication processes.
- Preparation of precast concrete moulds.
- Support for HVAC ducting (Ceiling support structure).
- Vehicle body fabrication (Trailer beds etc.).
- Support frames for GRC moulds.
A merchant bar is generally used in structural applications that involves welding, bending, punching and forming.
Merchant Bars come in three different types –
- Flat Bar (Rectangular cross section with 90-degree edges) in sizes 40 x 5mm to 150 x 6mm
- Round Bar (Solid circular cross section) in sizes 10mm to 40mm diameter.
- Square Bar (Solid square cross section) in sizes 12 x 12 mm to 50 x 50 mm.
Merchant Bars are available in Grade S275JR in 6 metre length. We also offer merchant bars in Hot Dip Galvanized form.
Applications of Merchant Bars are –
- Frames for lifting equipment.
- General repairs of plant equipment and railings.
- Ornamental architecture, gates and protective barriers on windows, etc.
- Making of tent pegs, car axels, ladders, etc.
CHANNELS/ UPN/ PFC
Channels have a ‘C’ shaped cross section with a top and bottom flanges’ and a web connecting them. The flanges are of equal length may be tapered (UPN) or parallel (PFC).
Channels are available in Grade S275JR in 6 metre or 12 metre length in the following sizes –
- UPN-80×40 to 200x75mm
- PFC-100×50 to 200x90mm
Applications of Channels are –
- Vehicle body fabrication (Trailer beds etc.).
- Fabrication of platforms & support structures.
- Windows & door frames.
PLATES (Plain & Chequered)
Mild Steel Plates have a rectangular surface area and comes in varying thicknesses. They are also known as sheets.
Plain plates are available in Grade ASTM A36 (S235JR), S275JR & S355JR. They are available in two sizes – 1219 x 2438 mm with thickness ranging from 1.5mm to 20mm and 2 metre x 6 metre with thickness ranging from 4mm to 40mm.
Applications of Plain Plates are –
- Manufacturing of Pressure vessels & tanks.
- Vehicle fabrication.
- Ship building.
- Ducting works.
- Making of Base plates which serve as a foundation for larger steel structures
Chequered Plates, an extension of the M.S. plate have a tear drop projection on the surface that give it a distinctive appearance.
Chequered Plates are available in Grade ASTM A36 (S235JR) in 1219 x 2438 mm size. Thickness may vary from 1.8mm to 7.7mm. Thickness of the teardrop pattern is 0.3mm.
Applications of Chequered Plates are –
- Used as skid proof surface for trailer beds, walkways, staircases, etc.
Used as corner guard for walls in interior decoration.
HOLLOW SECTIONS (CHS/ RHS/ SHS)
Hollow Sections are available in three different shapes –
- Circular Hollow Sections (CHS) – Also known as pipes. They have a hollow circular cross section. The thickness of the walls is uniform around the entire circle.
They are available in specification ASTM A53 (Grade A or B) and BS 1387 – 1985 in sizes ranging from 1/2 inch (21.3mm OD) to 8 inch (219 mm OD). Wall thickness may vary from 2mm to 8mm depending on the outer diameter.
- Rectangular Hollow Sections (RHS) – They have a hollow rectangular cross section. They are very popular in many mechanical and construction steel applications. Their flat surfaces make them an ideal choice for use in joining and metal fabrication works.
They are available in specification ASTM A500 Grade A in sizes ranging from 40 x 20 x 2mm to 100 x 50 x 5mm in 6 metre length.
- Square Hollow Section (SHS) – They have a hollow square cross section. They are used in smaller applications such as columns, posts, handrails, etc.
They are available in specification ASTM A500 Grade A in sizes ranging from 19 x 19 x 2mm to 100 x 100 x 6mm in 6 metre length.
We also offer SHS and RHS in hot dip galvanized form.
Applications of Hollow sections are –
- Making of Scaffolding pipes.
- Plumbing pipelines.
- Firefighting pipelines.
- Automobile chassis.
- Oil & Gas pipelines.
- Making of Columns, Posts, Hand rails, etc.
IPE sections have an ‘I’ shaped cross section. The vertical “web” of the beam is significantly longer than the horizontal “flange”. Commonly used as a horizontal support in building structures to support floors or roofs.
They are available in Grade S275JR in sizes ranging from IPE 100 to IPE 220 in 6 metre and 12 metre length.
Applications of IPE Sections are –
- Making of Portable cabins.
Lightweight steel structures such as car parking shelters, water tank structures, etc